Production and Materials
This eco-friendly badge means our processes and facilities have been audited, inspected and found to be environmentally compliant.
The inks we use are eco-friendly and deemed safe for children’s books, packaging solutions, comic books, board games, puzzles, etc.
We also encourage clients to print on Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified Paper stock as these materials are harvested and manufactured in a sustainable manner, meeting the highest environmental and social standards.
Our Tree-free Bamboo Paper Stock
In an effort to reduce the demand for tree-based paper, we offer bamboo paper stock. Bamboo paper is being used increasingly by consumers.
Here are just a few reasons why:
- Bamboo is comparable in strength, brightness and printability to paper made from wood pulp
- It’s a renewable resource harvested much faster than trees – one to five years for initial harvesting with the stalks repeatedly harvested 20-50 years thereafter
- Bamboo thrives in depleted soil. In areas where rainforests have been clear-cut, Bamboo is one of the few plants that can grow easily and begin returning nutrients to the soil
- A grove of Bamboo absorbs four times as much carbon dioxide than a grove of trees and releases 35% more oxygen into the air
- There is very little waste as all parts of the plant are used for paper and furniture
- Bamboo’s carbon footprint is smaller than tree paper
- Bamboo is more resilient to insects, eliminating the need for pesticides
- Bamboo is recyclable
- Widespread Bamboo usage can encourage economic growth by providing jobs in economically depressed areas.
For these reasons, we encourage clients to consider bamboo options.